Now that the holiday season is well and truly over, and you’ve had a chance to reflect on what changes you should make to improve your health and wellbeing this year, it’s time to implement your plan and embark on this exciting new journey.
To stay on-course remember to make your goals achievable and be realistic knowing that ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day.’ Persistence is key, to achieving a healthier body, relief from fatigue and stress, increased mobility and a heightened sense of wellbeing.
A holistic approach to mind and body health is vital. Here are some simple steps to get you started.
- Firstly, do a healthy cleanse to purge your body and brain of holiday excess toxins and get back to a healthy balanced diet of simple foods including fresh vegetables, less grains, reduced meat proteins and add a healthy green drink to give you a boost of antioxidants and blitz those free radicals!
- Acupuncture treatment is also an important component in the detox process. The principle is based on the balance of Qi (pronounced as chi), the vital life energy force that harmonises and nourishes the functions of the body. When certain blockages are created, the energy can stagnate and cause an imbalance. Acupuncture’s goal is to access these pathways to provide harmony back and allow the Qi to flow unrestricted.
Regain a healthy weight
- Losing weight is the #1 most common New Year’s Resolution. While most of us know the basic principles, i.e. eat healthy, avoid sugary or hi carb foods and reduce meal size; acupuncture treatment can assist by aiding digestion, reducing appetite, improving metabolism and eliminating food cravings.
- It’s also important to stay hydrated with water. Water flushes out toxins and is part of every metabolic process in the body.
Regain joint and body health
- Exercise – regular low intensity exercise for as little as 30 minutes per day is one of the best antidotes to beating fatigue, boosting energy, body strength and toning.
- Chiropractic treatment is also vital to healing and maintaining body function, focusing on the relationship between the spine and the nervous system. The nervous system connects the brain to the body and the body to the brain allowing it to function harmoniously. Chiropractic care allows the nervous system to communicate and work efficiently and effectively.
Remember, the key to a happy life is a healthy body and mind – not just for the year ahead, but for a lifetime!
Our team of holistic health therapists at Empowering Health’s Wellness Clinic Burleigh are passionate about educating and helping you regain and maintain optimum health. We use a collaboration of treatments and products to encourage your body’s innate ability to heal and repair itself. Click here to view our services. Contact us today ph. (07) 5535 9833 to book an appointment – we’d love to help you enjoy life to the fullest!