Just call us on (07) 55359833 any time to book your treatment or ask us any further questions.
You can also contact us through email on email@example.com
Or come visit us Monday to Friday 9 -6 pm and Saturdays 9:30 to 12:30 on 1846 Lower Gold Coast Highway, Burleigh Heads.
We provide day maker free parking!
The Initial Chiropractic Appointment includes:
- Doctor’s assessment of your medical history,
- evaluation of your current health situation,
- assessment of your needs,
- complete Chiropractic Adjustment.
Depending on your situation, the Doctor may include:
If you frequently deal with symptoms like joint pain, backaches or Chiropractic Care can be an effective and natural treatment option. Millions of people around the world have experienced the benefits of chiropractic care, a holistic, non-invasive treatment approach that has been shown to help treat dozens of different conditions such as:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Tension and migraine
- Discomfort due to falls
- Frozen shoulder
- Bowel regularity
- Improved mental clarity
- Ear infections
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Blood pressure
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Healthy pregnancy
- Organ function
- Athletic performance
- Surgery prevention
Chiropractic can be defined in various ways. According to the World Federation of Chiropractic, the meaning of chiropractic medicine is:
A health profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual treatments including spinal adjustment and other joint and soft-tissue manipulation.
The Association of Chiropractic Colleges describes it like this:
Chiropractic is a healthcare discipline that emphasizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery. The practice of chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health. In addition, doctors of chiropractic recognize the value and responsibility of working in cooperation with other health care practitioners when in the best interest of the patient.
Chiropractic adjustments work by aligning your body in the proper position; this allows the Nervous System to work without interference. The Chiropractic Adjustment reduces the stress on your body created by that misalignment freeing up energy to be used towards disease prevention and maintaining homeostasis. This is how your body can work optimally.
Chiropractic care aims to address the whole body, enhancing patients’ ability to think, move and perform.
Chiropractors pride themselves on taking a natural, drugless approach to helping their patients reach their health goals. Essentially, the basic principle upon which the entire profession is built is that the body has the amazing, innate ability to heal itself (under the right conditions); it is the chiropractor’s job to help create an environment that facilitates this inner-healing process.
Because the nervous system controls every cell and organ in your body, chiropractors focus their attention on the health of the spine being properly aligned. If the spine shifts out of its proper place, then adjustments are used to help bring the spine back into alignment.
That misalignment is called “vertebral subluxation” and this is a mechanical compression and irritation to spinal joints and nerves. This is the interference that the Chiropractor will work to remove.
A vertebral subluxation happens when the spine is subjected to an external invasive force that is strong enough to overcome the internal resistance of the body’s muscles and ligaments.
This external force can be put into three classifications: physical, chemical, and mental/emotional.
If there is pain in your body created by a vertebral subluxation, then the adjustment will bring you back to alignment and release the pain.
Some common sources of subluxation are:
- A vertebra going out of place because of a slip or fall.
- An external force such as a car accident.
- The entire spine misaligning globally due to poor posture.
- Joint swelling caused by damage done to the intervertebral joint.
- Osteoporosis or degenerative changes of the spine or intervertebral discs.
- Trigger points and tight back muscles that pull the vertebrae out of place.
- Chemical conditions affect the muscle tone and the alignment of the spinal bones is dependent upon this muscle tone.
- Lack of calcium can cause muscle spasm.
- A build-up of lactic acid can cause cramps, which athletes sometimes experience.
- Drugs can also affect muscle tone. The body has a delicately balanced chemistry.
- An inflammatory response caused by a poor diet, lack of pure water, etc.
- Anything that upsets this chemistry such as smoking, alcohol, caffeine, processed foods, pollution, food hypersensitivities/allergies, etc. can irritate the nerve system causing abnormal functioning of the muscle fibres, upsetting muscle tone, and cause a subluxation.
- Stress can be the emotional factor most causing subluxations today.
- Stress is long lasting and fatigues the body.
- Worry, fear, anger, etc., affect the muscles in the back of your neck and across your shoulders. This muscle tension can cause a vertebra to sub luxate.
Regular Adjustments: $ 70.- ($ 60.- Concession)
Initial Consultation – Includes assessment, evaluation and adjustment : $ 105.- ($ 95 Concession)
Report of Findings – Extended appointment with program design: $ 95.- ($ 80.- Concession)
After the report Report of Findings, all appointments will be regular.
Yes, at Empowering Wellness Burleigh we work with HICAPS therefore, we cover 98% of private health funds. We simply swipe your card after the treatment and you only pay the gap amount, which is the difference between the full fee for the treatment and the amount claimed from your health fund. You don’t need to pay the full consultation fee up-front and then wait for the reimbursement.
These are the very easy and simple steps we offer when paying through Hicaps: we will swipe your card first and you will only need to cover the remaining gap.
Take advantage of your private health fund for all our services: Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Massage and Naturopathy.
Make your next booking now on (07) 5535 9833.