Massage therapy and chiropractic care often yield the best results when working in unison with each other. Many massage therapists and chiropractors often work together and refer to one another to expedite their clients’ journeys to wellness. In many cases, we would recommend seeing the massage therapist first to loosen up the muscles in preparation for the treatment from the chiropractor.
The Role of a Chiropractor
Chiropractors deal with issues of the neuromusculoskeletal system. They use specific pressures in certain spots to realign the muscles, nerves, bones, ligaments and tendons of the neck and back.
The Role of a Professional Massage Therapist
The role of massage is not simply to relieve stress. Massage Therapists manipulate muscles to assist in helping injuries and relieving muscle tension and pain.
Benefits of Combining These Practices
Research has shown that there are many benefits to be gained by combining these two therapies. Benefits include:
- Faster Recovery – Recovering from an injury is not a process that should be rushed, but if there are steps to help you recover faster, you should definitely take them. With multiple factors being treated in the same time period by chiropractic care and massage therapy, you should recover much faster if you were to use just one treatment.
- Less Pain – If you regularly go to your chiropractor and massage therapist, you will most likely see a decrease in your pain and inflammation.
- Pain Prevention – What is even more interesting is how the combination of these two therapies can prevent pain from even beginning in the first instance, by keeping the muscles relaxed and elongated.
- More Effective Results – With massage relaxing your muscles and tendons, you’re able to receive more effective results from your chiropractor.
- Less Stress – Not only do these therapies reduce physical stress in your muscles, but they’ve also shown to minimise mental stress, thus adding to your overall wellness and stable state of mind.
- Increased Flexibility – By elongating and releasing tension in the muscles, chiropractic care and massage can provide you with more flexibility.
- Better Circulation – Pressure to different muscles, ligaments and pressure points helps increase blood flow and circulation in the body, which has numerous health benefits.
Looking for the best massage and chiropractic services in Burleigh? Empowering Wellness is a wellness clinic in Burleigh that offers both of these services and more! Contact us today for more information.