You only need a few ingredients to make this healthy hot chocolate recipe:
- Raw cacao powder – The most pure form of chocolate, cacao is packed with antioxidants, fiber, and magnesium. It makes this recipe rich and chocolatey, but good for you, too!
- Maca powder – Its malty flavor adds depth to this homemade hot chocolate. But that’s not all! It has health benefits too. It’s chock-full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and it’s said to improve your memory.
- Almond milk – We choose almond milk, but feel free to substitute any type of milk you like.
- Maple syrup – It sweetens this healthy hot chocolate naturally.
- Coconut oil – For richness and healthy fats.
- Cinnamon – It adds warm depth of flavor. If you like your hot chocolate with a spicy kick, add a pinch of cayenne as well and salt.
Combine these ingredients in a blender, or whisk them together by hand. Then, transfer the chocolate mixture to a small saucepan and warm it over medium heat. Taste and adjust the healthy hot chocolate.